ARTS & CRAFTS and COMMERCIAL APPLICATION SHEPHERD MAPLE SYRUP FESTIVAL APRIL 28, 29 and 30 2017
Shepherd HIGH School Gym/Aux Gym and Bus Parking Lot - 100 Hall St. Shepherd, MI
(PHOTOGRAPHY IS CLASSIFIED AS COMMERICAL)
- Category A: Arts and Crafts = items handcrafted by the entrant and not a business. $40 for 3-day festival (approx. 8’ X 10’), payable in full when application is returned. Sorry, no refunds. Vendors must sell only what is listed on the application. Vendors selling a mix of handcrafted items and commercial items must sign up for a commercial booth.
- Category B: Commercial = items not handcrafted by the entrant. A commercial product and a business. $100 for 3-day festival (approx. 8’ X 10’), payable in full when application is returned. Sorry, no refunds. Vendors must sell only what is listed on the application.
- Category C: Outdoor Arts & Crafts = as described above, $70 for 3-day festival (18’w X 36’) payable in full when application is returned. Sorry, no refunds. Vendors must sell only what is listed on your application. Vendors who wish to sell a mix of handcrafted items and commercial items must sign up for a commercial booth.
- Category D: Outdoor Commercial = as described above, $100 for 3-day festival (18’w X 36’), payable in full with returned application. Sorry, no refunds. Vendors must sell only what is listed on your application.
THE CHAIRPERSON HAS THE AUTHORITY TO DETERMINE CATEGORY BEFORE AND AFTER SETUP. When both areas have been filled, the registration fee will be returned to those applicants who did not receive a space. If more space is needed, two booth spaces should be purchased. No one will be able to be over any lines, and this will be strictly enforced. Please use care with your display and tables so as not to damage floors or walls. Clean up daily and at night is your responsibility in the area of your booth. When leaving on Sunday, please put trash in garbage bags. Plastic drop cloths are needed to cover your booth at night. This is important! Valuables and cash must be removed at night. We are very grateful to be able to use our school facilities. The school building will be locked and have police patrol at night. The attached liability form MUST BE SIGNED or your money will be returned. Please note that outdoor areas are not guarded.
All booth entrants and contents of the booth must meet the approval of the ARTS and CRAFTS CHAIRPERSON and/or the Maple Syrup Festival Committee Chairperson. DISAPPROVAL of the entrant and/or the contents of the booth will result in the removal of both from the premises.
PLEASE LIST ITEMS OR TYPE OF ITEMS TO BE SOLD. VENDORS SELLING ANY KIND OF KNIVES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE BUILDINGS! NO SMALL CHILDREN OR PETS ARE ALLOWED IN VENDOR BOOTHS.
Set up time is Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:00 – 1:00 p.m. Please register at the table just inside the High School Gym area before setting up your booth or unit. The show opens for the public at 3:00 p.m. and all booths must be assembled prior to 3:00 unless other arrangements are made with the Chairperson at the time your registration is returned. ALL ENTRANTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE SET UP BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND STAY FOR THE COMPLETE SHOW. All indoor and outdoor unit entrants must remain at their booth during Festival hours. Festival Arts & Crafts & Commercial show hours are:
- Friday, April 28 3 p.m.– 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. New opening time
- Sunday, April 30 9 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. New opening time
Please know this will be the time in the brochure, however, the school will be open during the times scheduled for serving of pancakes and sausage. You may open your booth earlier if you wish.
If you participated in our Arts and Crafts Festival last year please return your application/liability form and check by February 15, 2017. Applications received after that date will be assigned on a “first come, first served” basis.
If you did NOT participate in our Arts and Crafts Festival last year, please return your application/liability form and check as soon as possible. Available spaces will be assigned after February 15, 2017 on a “first come, first served” basis. Please do not ask us to hold a space.
Please return the attached application/liability form to Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival, C/O Gina Gross, PO Box 326, Shepherd, MI 48883. Be sure to sign the liability form, enclose your registration fee (checks made payable to Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival), and mail promptly.
- Please include a long, self-addressed, stamped envelope for confirmation.
WE DO HAVE A VENDOR THAT HAS TABLE AND CHAIRS FOR RENT FOR THIS EVENT:
- 8 foot tables are $10.00 each
- 6 foot tables are $8.00 each
- chairs are $1.00 each
Please see the application to indicate your selection and follow payment notes. Thank you.
DEADLINE: When all spaces are assigned.
CONFIRMATION WITH YOUR PLACEMENT WILL BE SENT AFTER ALL BOOTHS ARE FILLED. This may not be until the end of February or early March.
Any questions please contact me via email at email@example.com
Thank you! Gina (& Alli)
Emergency phone number:
- Shepherd Police 989-828-5045
- Isabella County Sheriff’s Department 989-772-5911.
Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival, April 28 – 30, 2017
Arts, Crafts and Commercial Application
Name __________________________Address _________________________________
City, State, Zip ________________________ Phone _____________________
Email Address ______________________________________
Booth Category – Payable in Full – Limit 3 Spaces
- Please note: If selling both handmade and commercial items at the same booth,
a commercial booth must be requested.
A=Arts & Crafts (indoors, 8x10 space) $40 Number of booths requested _______ B= Commercial (indoors, 8x10 space) $100 Number of booths requested _______ C=Arts & Crafts (outdoors, 18x36 space) $70 Number of booths requested _______ D=Commercial (outdoors, 18x36 space) $100 Number of booths requested _______
TABLES/CHAIRS _______ 8 FOOT($10) _______ 6 FOOT($8) _______ CHAIRS($1) MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: A & J PARTY RENTAL
PRE SALE MEAL TICKETS/pancakes and sausage $5.00 for 2 tickets _______ (LIMIT 4 tickets and must pick up own meals in the cafeteria - for vendors ONLY)
NO ELECTRICAL OUTLETS ARE AVAILABLE
Items, or type of items, to be sold: ____________________________________________
LIABILITY FORM FOR BOOTH EXHIBITORS
The Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival Committee, Chairperson, owners of buildings used, or the Sugar Bush Corporation does not provide insurance for booth contents or units entered here. We are not liable for personal injury or fire, theft, or damage from any cause to booth contents or personal belongings. I hereby relieve the Festival Committee, Chairperson, owners of the building(s) and the Sugar Bush Corporation of all liabilities in connection with my personal being and safekeeping of my property while exhibiting at this show April 28, 29 and 30, 2017.
Please return this application with a long, self-addressed, stamped envelope.